The Sewing Summit Inc is excited to announce the 2012 Sewing Summit scholarship. At the 2011 event a silent auction was held with items donated from our sponsors & attendees. Many people bid generously on the wonderful items & 100% of the proceeds were used to set up a scholarship fund. Because of the success of this auction we are able to offer a full conference ticket to Sewing Summit 2012, along with a 3 nights stay in the conference hotel to one scholarship recipient this year.
Anyone is welcome to apply. We have a 5 question application (including 2 short essays) for you to fill out & are also asking for a few pictures: a headshot, a picture of your sewing space, and a picture of your favorite item you’ve sewn. We encourage you to be creative in your applications & really show us your personality.
- Completed applications must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight MST on July 9th, 2012 to be considered
- Because of the high volume of applications expected, you will receive an automatic reply that your application was received but regretfully we will not be able to respond individually
- The recipient will receive one full conference ticket to Sewing Summit 2012 & 3 nights accommodations in the conference hotel
- Travel arrangements & expenses are the responsibility of the recipient
- All applications will be read & fully reviewed by the Sewing Summit scholarship committee.
- We will notify the recipient by phone or email by July 15th, 2012 & confirm they are able to accept. The recipient will be announced on our website shortly thereafter.
- Applications will be judged based on creativity, originality & writing ability
- Incomplete applications will be not be considered
- If you have already purchased a Sewing Summit 2012 ticket & are the chosen recipient of the scholarship, your ticket will be reimbursed
- Download the 2012 Sewing Summit scholarship application here. (Right-click on the link & choose “save as” to save the .doc to your computer).
- Email the completed application to email@example.com by midnight on July 9th, 2012.