Juki has years of experience with industrial-level sewing, and it really shows in the Juki Exceed HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine. This computerized machine offers the user amazing versatility. Its power, speed, and technological capabilities make it an excellent choice for the serious quilter or sewer. However, this is a fairly large machine so itâ€™s not easily portable and isnâ€™t necessarily the best unit for taking to sewing classes.
The HZL-F600 has received high praise from users on multiple websites. It has a rating of 4.5 stars on Amazon, as well as an average rating of 4.71 on Sewing Machines Plus. A glance at its features, functions, and accessories quickly reveal the reasons for these exceptional ratings. The price might seem high but the high consumer ratings indicate that many owners feel the Juki HZL-F600 is certainly worth the investment.
According to multiple consumers who purchased the HZL-F600, it is incredibly easy to thread the needle on this machine. Several buyers also mentioned that the machine is quiet compared to similar models from other companies. Another benefit is that this is a powerful machine. While most non-industrial machines are 0.5 or 0.6 amps, this one runs at 0.9 amps. Consumers also report that Juki provides excellent, responsive customer support – in the rare instances that it is needed. It should be noted that there are very few reported issues with this model (although some shortcoming have been pointed out).
– The machine is capable of sewing through multiple layers of fabric and is excellent for quilting, as its name suggests.
– It offers a lot of pre-programmed stitches.
– The foot operated thread cutter is extremely convenient and easy to use.
– The automatic buttonhole foot makes creating items that require buttons simple.
– It has a large throat area.
– While it can create letters, it is not an embroidery machine.
– The horizontal thread holder somewhat limits the size of spools that can be used.
– It is heavier than many other models, which means that it is best used it one place. Although, it is sturdy enough to be moved around, if needed.
At 21.6 lbs, this machine may not be the most practical to take to sewing groups or classes. But the machine does feel solid.
You may want to check out more consumer reviews on Amazon.
Following is a convenient tutorial for new users:
The HZL-F600 has a number of features that are designed to make your sewing experience both enjoyable and easy.
– Large LCD Display
– 4 Fonts
– 255 Sewing Patterns
– Easy Pattern Selection
– Direct Stitch Pattern Selection for Frequently Used Stitches
– Start/Stop Button
– Ability to Sew Up to 900 Stitches per Minute
– Extended Sewing Table
– Free Arm
– Extra High Foot Lift (12mm)
– LED Lights for Better Lighting While Working
– Foot Controlled Needle and Bobbin Thread Trimming
– Presser Foot Pressure Adjustment for Different Fabric Thicknesses
– Automatic Needle Threader
– 16 available buttonhole types
– Sturdy Feed Dogs for Powerful Feeding
– Automatic Random Stitch Feature for Fun Quilting Projects
– Knee Lift
– Free Motion Sewing Capability
– Easy Bobbin Winding
– Easy to Understand User’s Manual
The HZL-F600 also comes with both a stitch length knob and stitch needle position knob. These are conveniently located right below the digital display that shows the current stitch length. This offers the modern convenience of digital control, but maintains a hint of the fun feel of an old-fashioned sewing machine.
In addition to all of the machineâ€™s features, the Juki Exceed HZL-F600 also comes with a host of accessories.Â Among them are zipper, edge, walking, blind hem, manual buttonhole, auto buttonhole, patchwork, open toe, overcasting, and standard presser feet. Also in the box are a convenient hard case, as well as twin needles, seam ripper, wide extension table, knee lift lever, eyelet punch, 4 bobbins, screw driver, and three spool caps (small, medium, and large). A quilt guide is also included along with a user manual.
Juki offers a 5-year mechanical and 2-year electrical warranty on the HZL-F600. The company also cover any repairs needed due to material or workmanship defects for the first 90 days.
The Juki Exceed HZL-F600 is one of the top machines in its price range (List Price $1,759 â€“ but can be found heavily discounted at some retailers). Although it is often used in homes by serious sewing enthusiasts, it can also handle many commercial products. It’s fabulous features and functions maintain some of the appeal of a classic sewing machine, while also offering some of the best displays, programming, and features available in modern machines today. This is also a strong and durable machine that is likely to last for years.
The instruction manual for this model can be found here (Juki HZL-F600 Manual). It is quite easy to understand and is detailed with over 100 pages of information.